23 April 2013

The Wonderful Wizard of OZ by Lyman Frank BAUM

This Kindle collection of 15 of Lyman Franl's OZ books comes with added content: essays on its Influence, Television Adaptations, Theatre adaptations, Literary Adaptations, Comics, Favourite BAUM quotations, free access to an Audiobook, and publisher's notes.
To find this treasury - I'm rapt! It's all here - except for mention of the many other books about the world of OZ written by other writers contracted by BAUM's original publishers - one being Lyman Frank's own son.
NZ's English Curriculum included for students in Years 7 & 8 (Levels 3 & 4) to study literature compared to visual media. I had chanced across a book (non-fiction) describing how the series of books became so popular, at $1 each and bought six copies; I'd get NZ's National Library service to send copies of books by L F BAUM; I had the Angela LANSBURY television documentary of the 50th anniversary, and bought a class set of The Wizard of Oz itself. When I left that school, I left behind all those resource. I promised my classes I'd have "Ding Dong the Witch is Dead" played at my funeral. (I'm still of that mind-set.)
For families, and educators, get this for your own delight and for the new generation of Oz fans which will always arise once introduced to the books.
Will post a pic of the cover soon.
What is your favourite Baum book or character? Do Comment about this entry or about the author, or the book.
If you have read the book itself, then Rate the Book (not this post, please). Thank you




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Lynne.
I just wanted to say...