07 July 2011

Books "won" but not yet read

Expect a review of sorts of the following books.
I had won $30 worth of book tokens as First Prize in a short story competition, and the next day shot to the closing down sale of a major chain's local brance. For my $30 I grabbed:
  1. The Cat on the Mat is Flat - children's book, but you'd worked that out already, yeh? (author GRIFFITHS)
  2. In my Sky at Twilight - at first glance, thought it was part of Meyer's vampire collection, but no - a collection of classic romantic poems, with the publisher jumping on the bandwagon. (editor MORGAN)
  3. Shaolin Burning - a graphic novel. Yeh, I know it's just a fancied up way to say it's a comic book, but what the hey? (author/artist SHANG)
  4. an-eye-for-an-eye.com - a novel (author POWELL)
  5. The Sugar Queen - a novel (author ADDISON-ALLEN)
  6. The Feng Shui Detective - a novel (author VITTACHI)
  7. The Agency - a novel (author O"BRIEN)
  8. The Legend of Beau Baxter - a novel (author DUNN)
Eight books for $30 ain't bad, yeh?
If you've read any of the above, please comment about that title, rather than rating the book. You can react to the post by rating it, this time, though!

3 comments:

  1. Disappointed with My Sky At Twilight. As interesting as the poems are, I could find every one fo them for $nought online.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Cat on the Mat is Flat is an insult to a child's intelligence. The rhyming is doggerel, the illustrations are "gawky" (I'm sorry, I can not come up with anything more fitting).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've at last reviewed The Feng Shui Detective separately. Do look for that review if interested.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Lynne.
I just wanted to say...